Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dreamland...Hanging Ten Over A Precipice Of Depression

Dream Land






Thank Dog for great musicians and storytellers...


I finally was able to get back to running today after the serious back injury I gave myself two weeks ago.
Notice how I said "I gave myself"!
I was in a crappy mood on a fateful morning two weeks ago, maybe a bit of over training may have helped it along but, I decided to try and lift close to a 200 Lb. bucket of slop up into a garbage bin. No legs, all back! At about the halfway point of the lift the back just gave out. I felt like a prisoner who just got shanked in the chow line. The pain actually made me feel a bit nauseous and I was pretty much out of commission for a few days. Just when my running was getting focused.


I was able to finally get back to it today. The pain was pretty nagging but I took 3 Ibuprophen and managed to slowly get through a 5 mile run.


In the meantime work has just been pretty horrible and a completely negative aspect of my life right now. I'm beginning to think I just suck at what I do and I'm just not good enough at it to even keep up anymore.
I've been finding myself getting seriously depressed and I really can't go down that road right now.


To keep positive I just distract myself with beautiful things I'm privileged to see and hear everyday. I'm now obsessed with ducks! Last week I was on a property that had a lot of ducks walking around and I was in pain and not enjoying what I was doing so, I just focused whenever I could on just observing these ducks. I actually got jealous but, intrigued at the way they were just hanging out, socializing and having such a great time. Some things the creator has given us our just so perfect and beautiful. Too bad about humans.
To top it off this week I was yet somewhere I didn't want to be when I just happened upon these geese who just kind of seemed to be there for me! 
I think the ducks sent them...




Tonight I'm actually pretty tired and not in the mood for writing right now.
        Thank you duckies...


...and thank you Bruce Hornsby for your songs and story telling. They've gotten me through many a bad day...and there's really been some bad ones. This is an amazing and beautiful song that I've heard a thousand times but, really just felt like today it had been written for me...


Writer Bruce Hornsby
Isn't this old night so nice
I hope you can feel what I feel tonight
Little boy's not getting it right
Trying so hard with all his might

Clouds in the sky keeping the sun away
Doesn't mean the sun is not shining today
Seems something is always in your way
You've got a wide, wide array of insurmountable problems every day

Hey, slip away, slide away
Into dreamland, dreamland
Slip away, slide away
Into dream, dream, dreamland, dream, dreamland

In your own private place of dreams
I hope you'll find a place where it seems
The road is always straight and true
Wherever you walk is bright for you

I hope you'll remember these times we share
Hope you'll find some comfort there
In the meantime lose your cares
You can go anywhere, close your eyes and it will take you there

Slip away, slide away
Into dreamland, dreamland
Slip away, slide away
Into dream, dream, dreamland, dream, dreamland

Isn't this old night so nice, so nice

Gonna cherish my time with you
Gonna smile, smile the whole day through
Wake up tomorrow maybe you'll find
Darkness gone from your mind

Want you to be what you want to be
Don't want you ever hurt like me
Smiling through the saddest times
Could only happens in dreams, I wonder is it nice as it seems

Slip away, slide away
Into dreamland, dreamland
Slip away, slide away
Into dream, dream, dreamland, dream, dreamland

Dream, dream, dreamland
Dream, dream, dreamland
Dream, dream, dreamland

Maybe you'll get your wishes in dreams this night
Because I can't seem to do it here in real life
Dream, dream, dreamland
Dream, dream, dreamland

Maybe you'll get your wishes in dreams this night
Because I can's seem to help you in real life
Into dream, dream, dreamland, dream, dreamland