Friday, February 17, 2012

Over The Hump? Crazy Week That Went To The Dogs

I met my deadline on work that needed to be completed this week...Bad back and all. I did some research on my back situation and I believe from everything I've learned so far, it's probably a herniated disc in my lower back. Too much heavy lifting, running and major stress created the perfect storm on my spinal column. There's not much I can really do but just rest it. Not sure that's going to actually happen though. At this point I'm just hoping it goes away someday.


I managed to get some hang time with the dogs. (high point of the week).
We had a full house for the last 3 days. Yesterday I was in training in San Ramon all day but, today I got to cruise through the day with some sporadic down time. When not posing for photos the dog children were beating the crap out of each other as usual.


This is my little on Layla giving "The Look"


...and here she's at the bottom of the free for all!
.....................................................

Last night after a insane 12 hour day at work, I arrived home finally and just ate a quick dinner and jumped into bed. I just needed something to get my mind off work and curled up with all the dogs and signed on to "Netflix". I just started searching through documenteries and happened upon a title named 
"Waste Land".
Pretty absolutely amazing! 
Synopsis:
Filmed over nearly three years, WASTE LAND follows renowned artist Vik Muniz as he journeys from his home base in Brooklyn to his native Brazil and the world's largest garbage dump, Jardim Gramacho, located on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro. There he photographs an eclectic band of “catadores”—self-designated pickers of recyclable materials. Muniz’s initial objective was to “paint” the catadores with garbage. However, his collaboration with these inspiring characters as they recreate photographic images of themselves out of garbage reveals both the dignity and despair of the catadores as they begin to re-imagine their lives. Director Lucy Walker (DEVIL’S PLAYGROUND, BLINDSIGHT and COUNTDOWN TO ZERO) and co-directors João Jardim and Karen Harley have great access to the entire process and, in the end, offer stirring evidence of the transformative power of art and the alchemy of the human spirit.
A rivoting documentry. I haven't finished it but, I'm off to bed now to see the rest of it.
Short blog tonight...
More dogs.

No comments: