Friday, February 24, 2012

I Am A Dark Cloud

I got out for a good run after work. Still trying to get back on track. I'm developing some new techniques to help with my running. I watched a great documentary last night before bed called that inspired me to work on some original ideas for running workouts...
.......................................................................
Lindsey Vonn-In The Moment


Including amazing photography and highlights, this inspiring documentary about Lindsey Vonn, the beautiful and talented downhill skier whose wins at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics endeared her to the world and whetted her appetite for more championships.
Her training regimen was awe inspiring! Watching her just makes me want to work a lot harder than I am right now with my running.


I'm trying my hardest to stay focused and inspired and keep my angst, righteous indignation and miserableness simmering in the background of my turbulent state of mind.
Tomorrow is my "Bike" day and I'm gonna try for some bigger than usual mileage for a change. I've been sluffing on the bike a bit lately.
.........................................................................
RE: The title of this blog...
Let me begin with...

It is very difficult when you are unable to express oneself due to the possible fallout if certain people that have too much control of your life and future could possibly be monitoring your venting on a public forum.
I am really angry and I know I'm being manipulated, beat down and kicked to the curb.
...Unfortunately I must keep it under my hat but, this song fully expresses my state of mind.


This song came up on my mix during my run today and it was the perfect soundtrack for where my head was at after a horrible day like today.
.......................................................................................................................................



Songwriters: Sam Dixon, Sia Furler


While away the hour
Into something new
Throw away the flower
They make you feel blue


Throwing stones at stranger
Waiting for the fight
Throwing stones at birds who
Struggle to take flight


I am a dark cloud
Swelling with rain
I am a dark cloud
Swelling with rain

Get it out your system
Get it out of you
Send them home with blisters
Send them home with truth


Send away the doubter
Blind them with your hoof
Try to save the doubters
Try to sell the new


I am a dark cloud
                  Swelling with rain
                                      I am a dark cloud
                                                        Swelling with rain
.........................................................................
Today's Run- Back to regular Marathon training


No comments: