Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I've Discovered The Kenyans Magic Bullet!





Eureka!!!







I've discovered what make's Kenyans so damn fast! While running today (I had planned on doing an easy 5.0) I   was listening to my Nano and had set it as usual to shuffle songs and just go. After warming up for two miles the Ibuprofen kicked in and the pain somewhat abated in my back.  I felt actually pretty good and just decided to pick up the tempo. A song came up with a very up-tempo African beat. Actually a song by the Brecker Brothers. It's one of my favorites. Suddenly my feet became very light. I miraculously felt very light and skinny but also joyous! I was flying...although only short lived, fortunately for me the very next song was a very slow blues...



I think I'll download some more African music tonight and try out a full mix on my next running day. 
Maybe I'll train for the next couple of months with this method and see what happens come the Bay To Breakers...
Who knows maybe I'll win a BMW!
.....................................................................


Work today was pretty mellow for a change and I was able to catch up on some odds and ends that have been left hanging for some time now. What's really weird though is that I've had job opportunities popping up almost everyday this last 2 weeks.
I really want to see how this new transition is going to pan out though. Ever though it's been quite difficult, I just don't want to make yet another move right now.
My Bee in the foreground, Gaga in the back...my kids in the park...

No comments: