Thursday, March 1, 2012

The African connection-The Beat Of A Different Drummer


I felt like a Gazelle today! Actually a very old run down Gazelle but a Gazelle anyway. As I had stated in my last post. I decided African music is great running music and hence the reason the Kenyans have everyone beat!


So today I downloaded Ladysmith Black Mambazo. It's actually the latest album recorded with a lot of popular artists. I was inspired and really impressed with some of the cuts, especially a cut of "Knocking On Heavens Door" with Dolly Parton. Holy Mackerel Dolly! Where'd that come from. Absolutely beautiful and heartfelt. I actually had to slow down my pace when the song came through my phones. I had a lump in my throat.



It was a nice ending to a pretty laid back day. Work wasn't overbearing for a change. I got a good review from my Doctor yesterday which really was a relief. The only issue was that we got the dog from Hell for the next few days in our day care.

"Beta" a cute French Bulldog. She's really sweet and funny but just constant hyper-activity and we didn't get much sleep last night. My dogs are freaked out by her. She looks like some kind of weird alien dog and makes them nuts.



Right now she's a little knocked out from all the crazy doggie play.
 .......................................................................

My run was pretty decent today and it's the first time in over a month that I haven't had to completely dose myself with Ibuprofen to get through it. After my run today I came home and decided that I want to upgrade from the San Francisco Half marathon to a whole marathon in June. I think I'll be ready and I want to do my first marathon in S.F., it only seems right.

No comments: