Sunday, March 4, 2012

Whole Lotta Sunshine-Whole Lotta Love...



It's days like today that make the last few months of soul wrenching suffering irrelevant...


I love when I feel like I got a big bite of enjoyment and fulfillment on a weekend.
We had a whole lot of Doggie Day Care drop offs this week and I escaped it all for awhile with just my three hoodlums, Gaga, Bee and Layla. Even though they're a little more aggressive and socially..."different" (like me), I love nothing more than just getting outside and going wild with them. Last night I put together a little video synopsis of the way they act among other dogs in the park. I get a lot of eye rolling and "Oh-oh here come the black kids" when I show up at the local park. Even so everyone gets a kick out their style of entertaining themselves.



Gaga standoff


Layla in foreground with blue shirt, Gaga bringing up the rear
.................................................................................................................................................................

Yesterday I had planned on getting a good long bike ride with some climbing. I haven't been riding much this year between running, work and dogs. I started out Saturday morning fairly early but, I was a bit tired, not really feeling it and the headwinds were coming from everywhere! I absolutely hate headwinds. They're my Achilles heel! I just wear down really quick.
I opted out of climbing San Bruno Mountain and promised myself I'd do an extra long run in the morning to make up for it. Aside from the wind the weather was really nice and the riding along the beach was a pleasure. I stopped to take a few shots along the way. (By the way the new windmill in Golden Gate Park is truly amazing)!


I was surprised coming up through the park, I totally "bonked"!
Not sure what that was about. I think I'm riding with more intensity since I've been running and I'm probably burning through more glycogen and losing my sync with my bike. Pushing a little too hard...


I ended up doing a half marathon today. I had planned on just doing an easy 5 miles but, It was beautiful out and after 5 miles I felt like I could do a lot more. Unfortunately I bonked pretty bad around mile 10. That's what I get for going 5 hours without eating.
Between mile 6 and 10, I got what they call the "Runners High"! I haven't gotten that in awhile and it was pretty intense.
I thought about my day with my dogs and how lucky I am to really even be alive at this point in my life. Even with all the stupid things I've done in my life, lost opportunities and beating the crap out of myself I need to remind myself that I've been very lucky and I should be thankful to the Universe for giving me a chance. I need to stop this swing towards "misanthropy" and realize there are some amazing and miraculous things that human beings have done on this earth. I need to focus on that.
So today for the first time in awhile...
I'm genuinely happy!


My run:





........................................................................................................................................

Lady Gaga bulletin! 
Lady Gaga spotted in Wine country!...Hmmm house hunting? I wish.
http://geyserville.towns.pressdemocrat.com/2012/02/news/inside-lady-gagas-wine-country-weekend/

No comments: