Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Out Of My Element

Sometimes I just feel like a square peg in a round hole...


As I get older I'm realizing with much chagrin how the game is played. The young guns walk in with too much determination, little real world experience and set their sights on the easiest pray, which in my case is the older employee--of which I am. With hard earned control and a well established system of operation, steady paycheck and strong network built up over years of playing the game, suddenly it begins...
Chip, chip, chipping away at you. It's very sad actually. No matter how hard you fight they will con-volute your methods and reasoning and in the end the firm foundation of which you've built upon inevitably becomes just a dusty useless exoskeleton ready to be captured by the rush of wind from the revolving door of idiots who set upon you scattered into the void.
So, that is what I've been dealing with today and besides trying to decompress with a life changing event of losing a loved one. I can say I'm feeling very, very sad and somewhat adrift...
My mad adventure into the world of running has shifted into a higher gear. Having eliminated some of my physical glitches, for one thing -my knee pain; I can finally start honing in on building some old man speed. I'm focused on trying to get a decent time in May when I run the "Bay To Breakers" race.
 Over the weekend I had struggled through my first time 20 mile run. Seeing how I was on the tail end of a bad cold, a bit fatigued and under nourished I was at least able to make the mileage. Somewhat of a walk for the last mile but, made it anyway. Tonight I ran 8 miles with a very fast mile, one personal record and my first stab at climbing Hyde Street. I still had energy to spare and that's a really good sign.
Onward and upward...
Sunday Run:


Tuesday Run:

No comments: