Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fog, Riding Simple and Da Bitches



I was forced out of being lazy today after I received a cryptic FaceBook message from my riding buddy Ron-


"I'm going to be up in your neck-o-the woods tomorrow"


Hint, hint? 


I slept like a log last night and I'm really glad I committed to the ride. Ron wanted to do the "Headlands" but, I hate riding across the Golden Gate and especially when one side (the bike side) is closed for repair. I offered a compromise and suggested a route down along ocean beach, Daley City and on to climb San Bruno. Ron took the offer so I met up with Him at 9am in the Sports Basement parking lot.
Ron showing his craft


We headed out in the very cold fog but warmed up through the climb up into the Presidio. After yesterday's fast run and having woken up sore, I was quite surprised to have so much energy and we kept the pace pretty high. 
The climb up San Bruno was a breeze and I'm thinking it's probably due to the amount of running I'm doing lately. Just before the summit I spotted a rider ahead of me and just to be an asshole I decided to drop the hammer and sprinted past him with my heart rate pinned in the red zone!


After I stopped the poor guy rolled up and I approached him and conceded-


"Hey Amigo (he was Hispanic), I was just fucking with you...Lo siento, me siento muy mal ".


We all laughed and then they laughed at my bike. My steel cannonball of a bike with one gear. I really don't think it's a big deal. I ride it so much and haven't touched my road bike in months and months. One gear is just normal for me and I'm well adapted to it at this point.


Let me just say this is all part of the simplification of my life. I aspire to become a minimalist. It's very freeing to have little. This is my quest.


We had a great descent and I was feeling so glad that I got out for a ride and with other people then just being alone. Ron always makes me laugh. We then rode up through the Golden Gate Park and stopped for a cup-o-joe at the "Velo Rouge". Ron came outside with his latte and was truly mesmerized by the goofy little whipped cream design in his cup...
Wow! So easy to entertain!


We parted ways back at the parking lot and I headed off to Puppies and Mrs. Puppy Mama. Puppy Mama made me a kick ass Ceaser salad with fresh chicken and left over Coconut cake and it was off to Nappy land!


When I got up I took my little mutts off to the Park & Bark where they happily yapped their heads off, embarrassed me and chase Pitbulls...god love the little bitches!



No comments: